Friday, October 9, 2009

You just never know.

Hello internet! Sorry it's been awhile. I've had some upheaval in my life recently and just didn't have time to blog. It started with the Swine Flu and went downhill from there.

As you know while Boo had H1N1 I stayed at my mom and stepdads for a week with Wren. I'm really glad I had the chance to do that because on Sept. 22 my stepdad had cardiac arrest and died. Yeah. Just like that. He was only 52 but had a family history of heart problems...his dad and some uncles all died in their 50's. It's just so unexpected when it happens.

I'm glad he got to spend a week with his new granddaughter before he went. I'm glad I got to spend that time with him too. Family meant a lot to him. *sigh*

Now my mom is left alone to figure it out. Luckily she recently got back in touch with some of her old friends. She has a strong support network and will get through this. It's going to be a big adjustment for all of us.

Anyway, Boo and Wren and I are fine. Time marches on. It's cold and rainy today...I hope we get an indian summer in the next couple of weeks. That would lift our spirits a bit.

In happy news my brother and his wife are having their first baby this weekend. She was due on the 7th but baby girl apparently has another plan. So tonight she is being induced.

I get to be an Aunt! Woo hoo! It's also pretty cool that our girls are so close in age.

In tribute, here's a photo of my stepdad. I hope he's shaking things up on the other side! He always knew how to have a good time!

No comments: