Thursday, December 4, 2008

She's up to something...

"For whom the bell tolls...." I will tell you that there are some changes coming. Remember back in the early fall I said I could feel change coming but I just didn't know what it was yet. Well, now I know. You will know soon too. Doesn't that sound ominous? It's not really. Not ominous.
It's not one change, it's going to be a series of happenings. It makes me nervous and excited all at once. But I can't tell you yet because I don't have anyway of knowing who reads this blog and if the information got into the wrong hands before the appropriate time, well, that wouldn't be good.

So for now let's talk about the Turkey Day. On Thanksgiving Day my Boo and I went to his parents house for dinner. His lovely mom always cooks for an army even though only four people are eating. She got a new wedding band because her's had to be cut off her finger...she
outgrew it. I can't rememer how long they've been married but it's something like 40 years, she's due for a new band. She was so excited to show it off. The dinner was amazing as usual.

On Friday I did not go out shopping with the deal hunters. This is the first year I haven't gone since I don't know when. I just wasn't feeling it. There wasn't anything I needed.

Saturday Boo and I went and purchased a treadmill which is being delivered and set up on Friday. We're trying to be healthier. Or prevent bad health I guess. I figure a treadmill is less expensive than a heart attack in ten years. Right?
Meanwhile, I put my turkey in the oven for roasting. I tried something new this year, I brined it the night before. So I drained off the brine, rinsed the bird then stuck it in the oven. Several hours later my family showed up for dinner. We always have a good time and this year was no different. Boo and I have a Wii game system and everyone really enjoyed it. I hate video games, always have. But the Wii is different. It's great for all ages (they even have them in nursing homes!) and you have to be physically active to play it. For hours my family boxed, bowled and golfed in my living room. We sat down to a fantastic dinner, I cooked peas, corn and rolls in addition to the bird (which was so juicy and moist thanks to brining!) Mom made stuffing and mashed potatoes; my sister-in-law made green bean casserole, mac and cheese and cranerry cheesecake bars. I also contributed a homemade apple pie. Delish!
So glad we ordered the treadmill.
I'll keep you up to date on the big happenings, when the bell tolls, you'll be the first to know!

5 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh yea, Ms Elliemae! I KNEW something was changing..I could feel it in the air all the way out west! Now when will the big surprise be revealed? Christmas morn??
Your Thanksgiving (s) sound wonderful!!! And I bet your apple pie was the prettiest thing on the table!
Ok, what do your mean you brined your turkey? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that.
AND….cranberry cheesecake bars?????? OMG! Does your family share recipes? I’d love that one!
I’ll be watching my ‘following monitor’ for the big reveal!!

country roads said...

I want a Wii. That's all the change I can handle right now even though I would like more :-)

Mrs. Mom said...

Changes are all around lots of us these days! ;) Pretty neat, huh? Fingers crossed for smooth sailing for you girl!

Oooo we LOOOVE to brine out birds. Holy feathers it does wonders for the meat. Works great with chicken too, and then slap it on the grill. Yum.

Cant wait to hear the News when it is time!!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

You have won an award go to http://journeysofcactusjack.blogspot.com/ to pick it up

Sarah said...

Did you see that guys?! I won an award! Thanks so much!