For those of you following along I am now TWO days away from my very first baby's due date.
The Stork is scheduled to drop her off on Friday the 10th. I've had multiple conversations with the Stork and his people about the schedule and making sure that he has no other obligations on the morning of 10th than bringing my baby girl. Of course much like FedEx or UPS the Stork and his people are all like, "we can't make any guarantees, there could be storms that might delay delivery and they charge extra for express." I can't believe the Stork has sold out. Seriously. I guess we're at the mercy of him and Mother Nature (she seems a little more reasonable). Technically I could go into labor at anytime; wouldn't that throw off the Stork delivery schedule!
Okay, enough silliness. I went to the doctor today and she poked around and announced I am at 1cm. I know. 1cm doesn't sound like much but it was so encouraging for me to hear. I had prepared to hear something along the lines of, " No dilation and she can stay in there for two more months." Without going into too much detail I had some old scar tissue that was preventing my cervix from dilating properly...my savvy doctor took care of that pronto and said we should be seeing more progress very soon.
If talking about my cervix bothers you, I'm really sorry and promise not to mention such things very often. It was pertinent to the tale of my pregnancy progress this time though.
I have a favor to ask of you readers, please cross your fingers that I go into labor very soon.
Thank you and goodnight!