Saturday, November 1, 2008

Toes in the sand

Hey "team!" This morning we are going to "push beyond limits" and "raise the bar!" No no no...we're not going to do any of that this morning I think that was just the leftover corporate motivational jargon in my head.
W.O.W, Tuesday night after dinner at a beachside restaurant in Huntington beach I did indeed dip my toes in the Pacific for you! It was a lovely evening of great food, great wine (I had one glass, some folks had much more!) and then some of us headed out to the beach even though it was ten pm. I rolled up my pant legs, flip flops in hand, ran down the beach to the surf...and it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. Cold, but not intolerable. The sky was deep and clear and a few stars winked out of the darkness. On the horizon I could see lights coming from the yahts that were anchored way out in the deeper water. I wrote my name in the sand with my big toe and watched the tide roll in and sweep it away. The sand was chilly but soft and white as I burrowed my toes in. I am always humbled by the power of the ocean and the surge of its waves. I just stayed still for a few moments and took in the moment. I felt very blessed.

2 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh, Elliemae! I can't thank you enough! Through your words and Osmosis ...I can "FEEL" the sand between my toes...Ahhhhhhhh I miss that!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, at least the Off hours from work! Bet is was nice to get home though.
Glad you are back safe and sound!
Barb

Annie Wicking said...

What a lovely picture you have created in my mind.

The sand, stars and sea how wonderful.

best wishes,
Annie