Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bird is the Word

We just celebrated Wren's 1st birthday a couple weeks ago.  She is so awesome.  I know everyone probably thinks their kids are so awesome...well, I'm just a proud mama. Thought I'd share a birthday pic.
We had a little party with friends and family. I made all the decorations at the cake. I won't be making
another fancy cake. I told Wren that was her last fancy cake made by her mama.  I totally respect
bakers and cake decorators.  I used fondant icing (which doesn't taste very good).  It was
a decent cake...tasted good aside from the fondant.  It was just way too much work when I was trying to
prepare for a housefull of people.  The decorations were fun though! Here's a couple snapshots..

And here's a shot of my Big Bird being sweetness personified....

Can't believe it's been a year. Oh how they change and grow so quickly.
Happy Birthday Birdie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, It was great to meet you last night. Thanks for the camera talk!