Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Decisions to make "after the first of the year"

So, at work I'm on pace to earn the top sales trip, President's Club. It's what all of the reps are supposed to work toward at my company. I'm pretty excited that I'm on pace to earn that, however, I still have two more quarters to get through. Right now I'm feeling some stress because it's December and nobody is buying anything because they want me to call them "after the first of the year." The trip is to Paradise Island in the Bahamas, sweet. So, I'm trying to remain calm, but December and the holiday slump is causing me some grief. And I hate that. I want to enjoy my holiday without worrying about sales numbers but I guess that's what being a grown-up is all about.
I know that if I reach my goal of "President's Club" I can basically write my ticket to any sales job I want or be considered for a nice promotion within my current company. But are those things I want? Maybe I want to stay home with my kids and be an earth mama. But what about providing a nice dual income so we can live comfortably and take nice vacations without wondering how to pay for them? What the hell. What the hell is one to do? I know that right now is probably not the best time for me to go having babies especially if I want to reach my goal at work. And my Boo and I have our honeymoon coming up with unlimited fruity alcoholic beverages and zip-lining involved. All of which is not suited for pregnant women. Pass me a pina colada please mister cabana boy!

No comments: