Saturday, February 2, 2008

Groundhog Day

I guess I've been pretty busy since it's been one month since my last post. I'm so sorry to neglect you that way. Let me get you up to speed....

New Years Eve: Lots of fun, low key at moms house. We got a call that night that Boo's gran was going to the ER.

In the next week or so gran got progressively worse and had to eventually be moved into the Hospice center. Gran had a living Will that said very clearly she didn't want any artificial forms of life support. Boo's brother and A flew in town and we all hunkered down taking shifts at her bedside. Well, Gran hung in a little longer than we though she would. So, we all disbanded for a day or so and sure enough, after the last person went home Gran decided she would slip quietly away. She never wanted anyone to make a fuss over her. The funeral was in her hometown on a very cold and blustery day but most of Boo's family made it in town for the event. It was nice to meet them although not on great terms. I am happy for Gran. Only the people left behind are broken hearted.

So, now it's the first of February and I am looking forward to spring soon. Boo and I are taking our honeymoon in exactly one week. I've been shopping buying new sunglasses and shorts. I even bought a new bikini. Yep, a bikini! I've been doing Pilates and interval training on the treadmill. I am not where I'd like to be, but I'm close enough that I feel qualified to wear a bikini. I'm always going to have wide hips which makes my ass look wide ...and flat. And I've made my peace with my hips. One of these days they will serve me well.

The horse is fat and sassy. I haven't ridden in months because I am a cold weather weenie. The dogs are hairy and never seem to have enough attention. They are both laying at my feet below the dining room table right now. Farley is going through a stage with his nose. He has to smell everything, and not just smell it, but put his nose right on it. If you are on the receiving end of his wet cold snoot, beware. Boo got out of the shower and bent over to get something out of bottom cabinet one day. He let out a yelp that startled me so much I came to see what happened. Apparently, Farley's nose came up from behind and tried to root around Boo's man parts. I never laughed so hard!

Today I am trying to get caught up on housework which always seems to include extra work. I get overwhelmed and I don't know where to start so I just don't start.

No comments: