Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Remembering Memorial weekend

Friday
Spent the day browsing around Broad Ripple in little boutiques and junk stores with my friend L. I found the cutest vintage dress at an antique/everything store. I bought it. Love it.
Then Boo and I saw a new movie, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian something. It was a good movie. Not as good as the first, but still good.

Saturday
My friend R has a horse that she's leasing to a high school girl. The girl, K, took him to a horse show saturday and I ended up coaching her all day and helping Boomer (the horse) do his best with her. She had not practiced with him so needless to say, they never placed. He hasn't been in a show pen in three years..he's a little rusty. The day was gloriously beautiful and I spent the whole day with my friend and with horses, so I was happy. Boo and I cooked out for dinner.

Sunday
Stained the deck with Boo. Got sunburned. Took a snooze. Then at 9pm we went to go see our favorite "local" band play at The Vogue. Here Come the Mummies is a fantastic group of musicians who get the crowd all wound up. I usually stand near the front row and dance the entire time. Boo and I had a lot of cocktails that evening. Let's just be honest, we were not fit to drive a car. So we took a cab home, but not before we had the driver take us thru the White Castle drive thru! They are playing at "Taste of Bloomington" next month and I've already made reservations at a bed and breakfast so we can go see them again.
Monday
Slept in. Went to pick up Boo's car and get a bite to eat. I drove out to the barn to ride my horse for a little bit. Came home and snoozed on the couch. Boo and I drove down to his parents house to visit and have some steaks on the grill.
Just a nice little weekend.

No comments: