Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I can't even think of a title for this.


Hey folks. I am at a loss. Literally. I had a beautiful miniature horse named Stouts Bluemoon. When I left my ex husband a few years ago I took her and my big mare with me. I boarded them both and got to be a little costly for a single girl. So, since my big mare had plenty of company at the stable, I loaned the mini back to my ex so his gelding wouldn't be all alone. I told him if his gelding died or he didn't want her anymore, I want her back. I want her back. Something to note, my ex husband has traumatic brain injury from a car accident, so he can't remember much. So, I told his whole family and some of our friends that I wanted her back eventually, when he no longer needed/wanted her.

Fast forward to last week. I went to the tack store and they told me that he gave her away. He and his live in girlfriend (with whom he just had a poor innocent baby) decided they could no longer afford to feed her and so they posted her on the, get this, effing Walmart classifieds website. Now, here's the beauty of his logic, he couldn't afford to feed the mini, but he kept his big gelding. Go effing figure. So now I have been waxing and waning back and forth about whether I should actually try to get her back or just cut my losses and move on. The thing is, they guy who apparently took her said he was going to breed her. When I acquired her she was in foal but she lost the foal because she couldn't push it out on her own and it was dead by the time we got it out. They both almost died. So, I'm afraid for her. I feel like I abandoned her. I wanted to protect her and make sure she didn't get bred again ever. Now I've failed her. I have called around, I even called my ex husbands stupid girlfriend to see if she had any contact info from the guy. As it stands now, she's supposed to forward me the email...if she can find it. She made it sound like it was going to be a big pain in the ass. Whatever. I also called the previous owner whose name is on the registration papers to inform her of what happened and not to authorize a registration transfer. She is totally on board. We're in a "wait and see" mode. So, I guess I've been waxing more than waning.

Horses, it seems like heartache is always around the corner.

3 comments:

The W.O.W. factor said...

Oh Elliemae...I sure hope you can find her and things work out in your favor. Sometimes, if we could only look "into" the future..how we would possibly do things differently.
I'm glad that the people with the papers are on board...which is only in your favor if the new guy wants to Register her and then the foal
Keep up posted! And how is your mare doing??
Any major changes coming or ???? in your life since your thoughts about Fall and changes?
Hope you have a great week and I'll keep you & Stouts in my prayers & hope everything will turn out great!
Barb

country roads said...

Hopefully you'll be able to find the guy. I'd keep after the gf to get the info to you. You can at least warn him that it'll possibly kill her if he tries to breed. After that, you've done all you can do unless he'll sell her back to you or something maybe.

Mrs Mom said...

Keeping our fingers crossed for you and that absolutely beautiful little mare that she can come home to you!! Like Barb said, keep us posted- please!!!