Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Old Dock



Here's the old dock at the lake. You can see that it's in pretty bad repair. And what in tarnation is that ugly green thing? Well, that my friends is my grandpas answer to a "boathouse." It has always looked incredibly out of place, an eyesore if you will. My grandpa didn't give a hoot about appearances. Practicality and functionality was his concern. Oh, and frugal...he was frugal. The man was an optometrist, I suppose he probably did pretty well financially, but you would never know it. He never felt that he needed to keep up with the Jones' or any other family that lived beyond their means. So, this is our old dock. It's gone now...we tore it out. I thought I'd share some photos of the demolition....





The guys are cleaning out the dock box, where motors and batteries are stored. Apparently it is also a shelter house for single mouse mothers (say that ten times fast). We found a mother mouse and three babies. She was evicted.

Here she is on the steps looking down at one of the babies. They eventually scampered off into the woods.That's my Boo wrestling a post in the water. My stepdad and brother look like they're taking a break, don't they?
Farewell old dock. Good ridance green thing. The new dock will be constructed this weekend, stay tuned for pics.

3 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I can imagine the same words will be spoken by our grandchildren...some day!
"Practicality and functionality was his concern. Oh, and frugal...he was frugal
Hmmmm...wonder if we should make changes now? :)

Amanda said...

I can hardly wait to see the new dock!!!

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I'm new to your blog but terribly excited to see the changes!

blessings!
Lacy


RazorFamilyFarms.com