Monday, October 8, 2007

The Big Day

I promised to describe my wedding day so here I go. It really couldn't have been more perfect. Since I've been married before I'm not superstitious about seeing each other before the ceremony. Hey, it didn't help the first time! So, we woke up together at our house and went to breakfast with C and A. It was a substantial country breakfast because I knew I wouldn't have a chance to eat lunch, and breakfast is my favorite meal to go out for.

We went back to the house and loaded the cars with our luggage and wedding decorations. Boo's mom, A and me went to the little town where my wedding was and began decorating the gazebo. The town has the cutest little park with a quaint little gazebo and beautiful landscaping. It was $50. to rent the park. Yes, Fifty. We hung some fall garland and put some gorgeous mums on the steps. Autumn is my favorite.

I had to leave to get my hair done. It turned out perfect, half up, mostly down and wavy. I went back to the Inn where we were all staying the night and also where the reception was going to be. I went upstairs to our suite to relax for a few minutes. I just sat there and absorbed the moment. Our room was gorgeous. The bed was huge and cushy..I even wrote down the type of mattress it was! I'm a little obsessive sometimes. The headboard was a giant Victorian style that took up most of the wall. The drapes were deep dark heavy blue velvet that fell into puddles at the floor. The sunlight was muted by the lace sheers creating this really romantic feeling. *sigh* I'd love to go back right now.

Anywho, the ceremony was at 6:30 in the little park, it was gorgeous. We only had twenty guests, it was very intimate. Afterward we walked one block over to the Inn for dinner. We had a wonderful time. The food was perfect; each person had filet mignon, a chicken breast, baby glazed carrots and roasted potatoes. There was a four piece jazz band and occasional dancing. The evening was very special.
After our guests left, Boo and I made our way upstairs where we discovered another gift. Some friends had arranged for us to have the "romance package." So, when we opened the door there was a candle burning, rose petals scattered on the bed and floor, a chilled bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. It was perfect.

So, I know I'm all sappy and "everything was perfect" so, don't throw up. But seriously, it couldn't have been better. My first wedding sucked. It was all wrong and the wrong guy..and I knew it when it happened. I knew it while I waited in the hallway before going down the isle.

So, I was storybook elated when it was all falling into place and felt just right. It felt better than right, it was..my favorite.

No comments: