Monday, November 5, 2007

Can I go to effing bed yet?

It is 9pm-ish. Two days ago it would have be 10pm-ish right now. So I am tired and irritable. Monday is my longest day. The alarm went off at 6am and I was up after one ten minute cycle of snooze. Cleaned up some dog pee and got in the shower. Mya (my dog) has allergies and has to take Prednizone, it makes her very thirsty and that results in extra peeing. Usually she holds it pretty well, so it must have been an emergency.
I was at the office at 7:30am for my first meeting. The work day went really well. It was a day in the office and not my vehicle which is my actual office. I usually don't like being in the office but the other reps and I make it fun.
After work L and I went to the Blu Martini with some other reps for half price sushi. I'm not a huge sushi fan, but it's mostly because I don't like the seaweed (or whatever it's called). It feels like I'm trying to chew a Hefty bag. So, I get the Blu Martini roll. It is crab, cucumber, cream cheese, rice and wrapped in soy paper...sans Hefty bag. Yum! Boo met up with us later.

Then Boo and I came home. This is where the irritation comes in.
We just got ceramic tile in the kitchen and utility room. Until yesterday the fridge was in the dining room, washer/dryer in the front room and the oven in the living room. We finally got that all moved back into place. BUT...there is still shit everywhere. It is just pissing me off to look at it. Boo's drill on the counter with sawdust and cabinet doors that need to be hung back up. Paint cans sitting around. Strips of quarter round that have nails sticking out of them laying in the middle of the kitchen floor. I was shuffling through he kitchen barefooted and found an old nail thankfully before it went into my foot. So I finished putting paint tape around on the floor in the utility room while Boo came in to sit and watch tv. Then I stomped around putting things away; I had a fight with a cookie sheet that was stuck in the dishwasher. Now I am typing VERY hard on my keyboard. I just want the house back in one piece. It feels like I've been living in transition for weeks now. Huh. I think I'm done bitching now.

The Mellencamp show was very cool. The set list was awesome and the man himself is so fun to watch onstage. Boo and I had a good time meeting other Mellencampers at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner before the show. We had great seats and I danced and stood up the whole time...even during the mellow acoustic set. I wish he would have taken off that vest to show off his blue jeans and white t-shirt. He's got a new album coming out soon, look out!
Okay, that's enough, I'm going to effing bed.

No comments: