Thursday, November 1, 2007

Have you looked for your glasses when they're on your head?


Well, I wore my costume to the "Mummies" concert, had too many cocktails and danced as much as my go-go boots would allow. They are very tall.

Anyway, the Mellencamp show is this Saturday in Indy and Boo and I are going! I love Mellencamp's music. I think he uses simple language to say very deep things. As a Hoosier girl from a small rural community I relate to his lyrics pretty well.

On another topic, I hit the "after Halloween" clearance bins today. No, not for candy, ha! Candy is the thing I need least in this world! I don't know where this weight has come from, but it seems like it just crawled up my leg and made a home on my belly. Jiggle jiggle. Gross! I am totally grossed out because I weigh more than I ever have. I've got to do something about it. Now. Actually, Boo and I didn't have any decorations for Halloween, so I went to get some after they went on sale. So, I bought them and some orange tubs to store them in, all for 50% off! Woo hoo! I am very thrifty and I enjoy a bargain more than the thrill of paying full price at a fancy store. I got a couple of those little lighted village things. Usually you see a lot of Christmas ones, but these are Halloween ones. One of them has a little witch being chased by a ghost that rotates around the top as if they were flying. Oh yea, it's exciting stuff!

Alright, now that I've bored you with my Halloween retail extravaganza I'll share a snipet from this morning:


7:30am Boo's phone buzzes as he is stepping out of the shower


Boo: *under his breath* "Who the hell is calling me?" *while slipping on his underwear*


*Boo is talking to somebody on the other end that is not making him very happy*


*hangs up the phone* Boo: "Damn that is NOT how I wanted to start the day. Where is my underwear?" *sifting around the rumpled blankets on the bed where his underwear used to be*


Boo: "Oh hell, I have them on!"


No comments: