Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving vs. Day of the Turkey

I feel like a child that can't focus on school because I'm so excited about an upcoming event that doesn't have anything to do with school. My brain has left the office. I'm ready to be cooking and eating and bustling in the kitchen. I'm ready to watch the Macy's parade and eat coffee cake on the couch.

Boo and I will travel to his parents on the day of the turkey (that's what it's known as in Mexico). Not really. Anyway. We'll go early and take a vegetable. His mom is going to help me sew new buttons to my favorite sweater because Mya chewed the old ones off. I'm pretty sure I never learned about sewing buttons in Home Ec. class. Thanks for nothing Mrs. Pearson. But I learned how to make a mean pair of "jams"!

I digress.

On Saturday my familia will join Boo and I at our home. I plan to just make a big turkey breast instead of the whole dirty bird. We'll also have other basics such as green bean casserole, corn, mashed potatoes, peas (because I love them) and rolls. I am toying with the idea of having a relish tray too. I do plan to eat in moderation because I am scheduled to be in a bathing suit in February.

We just booked our honeymoon and I am probably going to pee my pants with excitement! We're going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Woo hoo! More on that another time.

Let's talk about Friday. To shop or not to shop? This is probably the craziest thing I do for a deal. I love deals and bargains. In my old age, however, I've gotten more selective. It's not a deal if you're buying something you don't need.

So, I will peruse the store ads and if a bargain snares my attention, I will be up before the ass-crack of dawn to go hunt it down and drag it home. I actually persuaded Boo to go with me to Kohl's last year, this year he is wise to my ways and plans to sleep in. That's okay though, I move more quickly from store to store when I'm alone. A lonely hunter. Stealth and cat-like I will move through the shadows of the parking lots. I will shield my eyes from the agonizing burn of florescent retail lighting before natural light emerges. And bravely I will prepare myself with a Grande sugar-free vanilla Americano.

And that my friends is why I am on vacation in my mind. In fact I'll share this photo of my horse. She is expressing her feelings about vaction too.



No comments: