Sunday, November 18, 2007

Coffee and a nap please

It is a slow Sunday morning in Indiana...at least in my house. Boo and I treated ourselves to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and came home and made a pot of coffee. This is the first time in a week I've been inspired to blog...and I have some catching up to do. So off we go....







Last weekend



We went to Tampa Florida. Boo's brother C lives there with his fiance A. This was our second trip down there and both times Boo and C's parents have gone with us. Let me say this, I enjoy the normalness of hanging out with Boo's family because it is so different from what I grew up with. A very enjoyable weekend in sunny Florida. We went to Busch Gardens and it was really pretty cool. I'll share a few photos I took.

It was a very relaxing weekend. I am especially thankful to C and A for sharing their home and showing us around.

This Weekend
Friday night we put together our new dining room set. I fell in love with this table and chairs on http://www.jcp.com/ and I am very wary of buying things without seeing them in person. The thing is my local JCPenney doesn't have furniture in the store. So I had to take a chance, after-all they have a seven day return policy. When we got it all put together Boo and I were both impressed with the craftsmanship and sturdiness of the both the chairs and the table. Yay, just in time for Thanksgiving!
Saturday we drove down to Columbus, IN to catch a charter bus over to the Oaken Bucket game (IU vs. Purdue) in Bloomington. This was my very first time ever college football game. My college didn't have football. We tailgated in the parking lot, drank some beer, played cornhole and enjoyed the mild, sunny, November day. The original plan did not include tickets to the actual game. Boo's friend had some extra tickets to this sold out game and so we went. I am so glad we did! I will not soon forget my first game! We were rooting for the IU Hoosiers and during the first half they were unstoppable. The team was playing for their late coach, Terry Hepner. That gave them a lot of heart. Purdue rallied int he second half and the game was tied with three minutes to go. The kicker for IU pulled through for the team kicking a 49 yard field goal! Unbelievable! The students poured out of the stands and onto the field, it was a huge celebration!
Then on the bus ride home a couple of thirty-something, drunken arm-chair quarterbacks got a little rowdy. One of them even had his "cow bells" hanging out of his pants (I'll let you envision this without further description) and thought they were very cool. And they would have been cool, if they were with a bunch of twelve year old boys. The rest of us were annoyed. Oh then there was the part where our bus hit a deer and we almost drove off the road. It was a very volatile ride back to the car.
All in all a fun day and a great game though!
Now, I am sipping my coffee on this chilly grey morning. I don't want to have to do anything today. Lazy? Maybe, but I really don't care. And Boo is in full support and is sympathetic to my laziness. In fact, he is joining me.
I smell a nap coming on!

No comments: